Saturday, November 15, 2008

Save Data 'My Documents'

Almost all people to save the data in the My Documents folder. This folder is the standard folders from the computer to store our various documents. There is one more tips that we can save the data in the My Documents folder, the loss of data so that we can avoid early as possible.

Please note that the location of 'original folder' My Documents from this are in the C: \ Documents and Settings \ User name \ My Documents. You can click through mengeceknya right in the My Documents folder and select Properties. Note on the Target Folder Location, disitulah actual My Documents data is stored.

Storing the data in that location actually less safe, why?. If an error when the computer (can not go to Windows, for example) so that there is no other way to fix our computers, except with the Windows format, so difficult for us to save data such as My Documents located in the C, and so do the Windows format automatically all the data in the My Documents' will be erased. Windows format with the same remove 'all the data' in the drive / partition C.

It can still be saved for, among others, by copying the My Documents folder to another drive (such as drive D, E, etc.) through DOS, or move them through the hard copy (our hard drives installed in computers of others), but way above making enough for us. There is one trick that we can save the data in My Documents by moving the target location of My Documents to another partition, such as D, E, etc..

How easy enough, namely:

*
Right-click on Start and select Explore
*
In the partition / drive other than C (for instance in the drive / partition D), create a new folder with the name Dataku (or any other name as you)
*
Right-click on the My Documents folder and select Properties
*
Click the button Move .... In the box that appears, find the folder you created yesterday. If you have, click OK - OK. In my box appears, click Yes.

You can check:
The contents of the folder My Documents folder contents = Dataku (on the drive / partition D)

Thus, if an error when your computer should be in the Windows format, then all the My Document data will be safe because no longer stored on drive C, but has been moved to the drive D.

This is done considering the many people who have lost data, which are in the My Documents format done when Windows. If you do these tips, such as the incident was not to be on you.
Description:

*
Windows format is the process to reinstall Windows, in other words, your Windows replaced with a new 'total'
*
Drive / partition is a division of the location of hard drives for data storage in computers. If you open Windows Explorer, then usually be seen writing (C), (D), (E) and so forth. Parts of it useful to 'split' location data storage us. Unless the drive / partition to CD-ROM/DVD-ROM, the drive / partition is not working to save the data but work to read the chip CD / DVD

No comments: